1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14…15!
Do you remember what was happening fifteen years ago? Here are some facts to refresh your memory:
1. The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King won a record-tying 11 Oscars, including Best Picture and Best Director. Director Peter Jackson and Elijah Wood (“Frodo”) skipped all official celebrations to attend a Lord of the Rings fan party instead.
2. The last Oldsmobile rolled off of the assembly line.
3. The final episode of Friends aired on NBC, drawing an estimated 66 million North American viewers.
4. Lance Armstrong won a record 6th consecutive Tour de France cycling title, and silicone wristbands first became popular with the Armstong’s “Livestrong” yellow band.
5. The Apprentice, an American reality television program starring real estate tycoon Donald Trump, premiered.
6. The United States competed at the Summer Olympics in Athens, Greece, winning 36 gold, 39 silver and 27 bronze medals. Michael Phelps won the first six of his eventual 23 gold medals – the most ever.
7. The Boston Red Sox won the World Series for the first time since 1918, breaking the “Curse of the Bambino.”
8. Janet Jackson had a “wardrobe malfunction” during the Super Bowl Halftime Show.
9. Mark Zuckerberg and a group of his friends launched Facebook (known then as “thefacebook”).
10. Two of the top songs for the year were “Yeah!” by Usher with Lil Jon & Ludacris and “Hey Ya!” By Outkast.
11. Ken Jennings won 74 games and 2.5 Million dollars on Jeopardy!
12. A small budget film became a runaway hit. Napoleon Dynamite had a budget of only $400,000 and Jon Heder was paid only $1,000 for the lead role of Napoleon.
13. William Hung didn’t make the cut on American Idol for his rendition of Ricky Martin’s “She Bangs”, but he still became a media sensation due to his positive attitude.
14. Family film classics which premiered in 2004 included The Polar Express, Pixar’s The Incredibles, and the third installment of the Harry Potter films: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.
15. Kid’s Creek Therapy launched with the aim of helping children to achieve their potential!
Over the past fifteen years it has been our pleasure to serve families by working directly with your children. Since we opened our doors in 2004 we have worked with close to 2500 kids! While our aim is to positively impact the lives of children and their families, we have been the recipients of many blessings through them along the way. Our lives are much richer for having been a part of your lives.
Several families have been with us since the beginning, entrusting their children to us year after year to help them reach their full potential. When they first came to us, their children were babies, toddlers, and preschoolers and now are teenagers! THANK YOU Sue and Phillip Higgins, Lauren Biggs, Shannon Ujvagi, Gay Hall, Tom and Connie Haywood, and Hannah Wall! We are honored by your faith in us over these past fifteen years.
We are excited to share our milestone celebration with the families we serve and the Johns Creek community. During 2019, we will be celebrating in a big way throughout the year!
On Saturday March 9, 2019 from 1:00-3:00 pm we will have a 15th Anniversary Celebration that you will not want to miss! It will be a fun family event with inflatables, a photo booth, community vendors, and more!
Stay tuned for more details!