For nearly 15 years, I have been working with families in the Atlanta/North Fulton area with one goal in mind: improving the lives of each and every kid and family that I work with. During this time, I have consistently heard families express two challenges when trying to decide what is next/best for their kids:
- They don’t know which therapies are available
- They don’t know which therapies are best for their kids’ specific needs
To this point, I am writing to you about a powerful program called Interactive Metronome (IM) which is being used all around the world to help children and adults with a vast array of challenges and diagnoses. Interactive Metronome is an advanced brain-based treatment program designed to enhance and promote neurological performance and recovery. This is accomplished by using innovative neurosensory and neuromotor exercises developed to improve the brain’s inherent ability to repair and remodel itself, a process call neuroplasticity.
Now that you know that IM therapy exists, let’s take a look at ten real-life, everyday signs that IM therapy may be right for you (and your family).
- My child is a struggling reader—If your child is reading, but having a difficult time with the pace or volume that he/she is asked to keep up with, IM may be right for you.
- My child has poor handwriting—If your child has handwriting issues (e.g. messy, too slow, too much pressure/breaking leads) IM may be right for you.
- My child has math nightmares—Okay, maybe not nightmares, but math is “too hard”, takes “too long”, “minute-math” scores are not where you would like them…IM may be right for you.
- My child has a difficult time paying attention and/or staying on task—If your child has attention/focus issues at school and/or at home, IM may be right for you.
- My child does his/her homework, but loses it or forgets to turn it in—If your child gets their homework done, only to NOT get credit for their hard work because they lose it or forget to turn it in on time, IM may be right for you.
- My child has poor organizational skills—If your child’s room, backpack, and/or desk area look like disaster zones (You are not alone and…) IM may be right for you.
- My child is easily frustrated—If your child gets frustrated too easily or too often while performing routine tasks at school or home, IM may be right for you.
- My child struggles with social skills—If your child has a difficult time making new friends, feels awkward or uncomfortable in normal social settings or often struggles to express their feelings, IM may be right for you.
- My child cannot ride a bike—No big deal, until their friends, siblings or the family want to go for a bike ride together. If your kid’s bike is collecting dust in the garage, IM may be right for you.
- My child is a good athlete, but wants to be an elite athlete—Because rhythm, balance, timing and focus play an integral role in virtually every sport, IM may be right for you.
To learn more about this innovative and powerful program or to schedule an Interactive Metronome consultation, contact me at Kid’s Creek Therapy by phone at 770-888-5221 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill out our free consultation form.
Erik Barnes, Interactive Metronome Provider