Kid’s Creek Therapy is proud to offer The Creek Club, an exceptional social skills program where students have fun developing the social competencies necessary for successful social interactions.
Groups meet for an hour once a week for eight weeks. The program is progress monitored, so you can see results and long-term improvement.
At The Creek Club, students will:
- Learn how to read facial expressions and nonverbal cues seen in body language;
- Become “social detectives” as they look carefully for social cues that give important information about when to join in groups, making and keeping friends, and how best to cooperate;
- Study feelings and learn how to express powerful feelings appropriately;
- Participate in role-playing, games, video modeling, surveying, brainstorming, decision making and stress management.
- Participate in activities that promote empathy and self-control
The groups are led by “Coach” Adriane Taylor. Before each session, she will have a phone consultation with each parent to ensure the best group placement for each child. Each week, the children learn a specific skill, practice that skill in the group, and also be sent home with a skill to practice at home. Social scripts are provided and will become part of their vocabulary and social toolbox.
Parents play an important role in their child’s success. At home practice and consistency is vital to your child’s progress. Kid’s Creek believes that a solid partnership ensures your child’s success.
Watch this page or subscribe to our newsletter for information on upcoming session dates and details on how to register.